As we approach the fall season we get prepared for the changing weather to come. We start to collect wood and get our homes ready for the cold winter months. We aren’t the only ones starting to prepare; spiders, rodents, cockroaches and other pests find refuge for the cold weather as well.
Keeping pests from making their winter home in your home can be a daunting process. Here are some tips from NPMA (National Pest Management Association) on how to keep pests from invading your home this winter:
Tips On How To Keep Pests From Invading Your Home:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house; keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
Protect your family and property with a complete home inspection by a professional. Learn how to inspect your property on your own in between treatments. For a free consultation, call OmniShield Pest Control.