Did you know that the German Cockroach is one of the most common species of the cockroach? You will find this species in most homes, apartments, restaurants and businesses. They are so popular because of their high reproductive capability. A female can carry on a average of 32 eggs and with only a 6 to 12 week development time that can equal quite a few new German Cockroaches.
This cockroach prefers to live in a warm environment. In the cold weather months its important to prevent them from invading your home. Make sure to keep your property clean of garbage, food and other items that could attract pests. Ensure that windows and doors are properly caulked and that cracks are repaired in a timely manner. Maintain a roach-free property with regular and effective pest control.
Here are some tips from pestkill.org on how to prevent the German Cockroach from invading your home:
Step 1: Leave Them Hungry
- Eliminate all food sources for the roaches. The garbage is a perfect feeding grounds for them.
- Clean Everything!
Step 2: Dry Everything
- Eliminate humidity in your house.
- Make sure there are no leaky faucets or drains.
- Dump out water from pet bowls at night.
Step 3: How to Get Rid of Roaches Forever – Provide Them no Shelter!
- Caulk all cracks and wall voids.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed tight.
These pest prevention tips are a first step. Protect yourself and your home with year-round pest control. Contact OmniShield Pest Control for a free consultation.